Thursday, May 17, 2012

Christmas in May?

The kids got a letter today from the Big Man of Christmas himself, Santa Claus.


Seeing the letter in the mailbox, the inner child in me just lit up. 
Never did I imagine that Paolo and Paige would get a reply from him. It's been 5 months since Christmas but still, getting this letter was a great surprise.

When I talked about Santa Claus with them, of course there would be questions as to how can he visit all the kids in the world in just one night and how would the gifts all end up under the Christmas tree at exactly midnight...things like that. And of course, who am I to ruin that magic right. 


So getting hold of his address in Finland, I let the kids drop him a note, not to ask for anything but just to say a quick Hello...and today, I am one happy parent...just seeing their eyes light up with joy, the excitement they had while opening and reading the letter...wow, it was all worth the wait.

 


So looks like this will become a tradition for the kids come Christmastime...and when they grow old enough, I will just let the magic continue and let them figure it out themselves.

By the way, I want to share the address just in case you also want your child to experience the magic.

SANTA CLAUS
Arctic Circle, 96930 Rovaniemi
Lapland, Finland

Happy Christmas!

1 comment: