Thursday, April 12, 2012

Books, Books and more books...

With the popularity of tablets these days, reading books have been easy peasy with the availability of eBooks. But for me, nothing beats having a hard copy of the books.

At our home, you might notice bookshelf after bookshelf of books that we could already have our own mini library...actually, we do already have one...

 
I so love it whenever there is a book fair here in Singapore. So many books at really reasonable prices. And they are actually "new" books. It changed my notion on the kind of books that are being put on warehouse sales...which are usually books that have either been slightly damaged or accumulated dusts.

I could actually spend a whole day just browsing over which books to add to our ever growing collection...and then I still can't help but go back and look out for more treasures on the last day because offers are even better...

Oh well, even though our shelves are bursting and I still haven't read some of the books I bought in the past book sales, I am still looking forward and can't help but feel excited on the next one...

And I am happy that I was able to instill in my kids the love for books and of reading...


The more you read, the more things you will know. 
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. 

- Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"

2 comments:

  1. i have my own mini library in my room as well! i guess we can trace our love of books to Lolo, who at 80+ yrs old, always has his hands on a good book! =)

    ReplyDelete