Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bye Miss Mercedes...

I could still remember the smile that greeted Paige on her first day at school way back August of last year. It was such a lovely face that showed a nurturing quality for a teacher. But Paige wasn't convinced with the smile...she cried and didn't want to be left at school with the teacher. The teacher was Miss Mercedes.


Weeks passed, it was the same routine for Paige...crying and crying and crying. I was a little unsure of myself then on whether or not I should leave her in school. But Miss Mercedes assured me that all will be well and Paige will eventually realize that school is fun.

And she did, gone were the days when Paige would cry her lungs out to get my attention and make me feel sorry that I had to leave her. And it is all thanks to Miss Mercedes' patience with my little girl that she has now grown to love school.

It is very different now...Paige would be the one asking me to take her to school even on the weekends. I am just happy that she has this love for school. It is very important for me to see my kids have this attitude especially during their early years. It feels great for any parent to see their kids enjoy being in school because that way, they wouldn't think of school as a place that gives them lots of schoolwork but rather a place that helps them learn about great and exciting things.

For now, Miss Mercedes will be leaving for the UK and eventually move to Canada with her family. My little girl would surely miss her wonderful teacher. I am just happy and thankful that she became a part of my little girl's journey into learning.

Good bye Miss Mercedes. 
Good luck on your future endeavors.

P.S.
Tomorrow will be a new experience for Paige, a new teacher will be stepping in, her name is Miss Karen.
I sure hope the kids will adjust well with the new teacher.

2 comments:

  1. yes i do remember you telling me about paige "super to the max" crying days...Kudos to Ms. Mercedes for helping Paige adjust...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life goes on... di bale another teacher is waiting....

    ReplyDelete